This is Thai tongue twister. When you try to speak those words quickly, sometimes the sound will change. That makes it funny.
1st section is thai words and video - for thai people then some Thai words Farang can't say
2nd section is English words and video - for english people then some words English words thai people can't say
1ST THAI WORDSระนอง, ระยอง, ยะลา Transliteration: Ranong, Rayong, Yala... (repeat quickly at least three times.)
Three provinces in southern region of Thailand.
Meaning: Have a dish of stir fried Winter melon (White gourd) for breakfast have stir fried Winter
กล้วยตานี ใบหวีเดี่ยว มีหวีเดียวหิ้วหวีไป หิ้วหวีมา Translieration: Kluai tanee plai wee hiaw, hew wee pai hew wee ma; lua wee diaw.
Meaning: Bunches of (a kind of) bananas with drying tips are carried to and fro for a day; then only one comb is left.
ใคร ขาย ไข่ ไก่ Translieration krai kăai kài gài
Meaning : who sell egg chicken, Who is selling chicken eggs?
ไม้ ใหม่ ไม่ ไหม้ ไหม
Translieration máai mài mâi mâi mái
wood new not burn question word, New wood doesn't burn, does it?
ชามเขียวคว่ำเช้า ชามขาวคว่ำค่ำ Transliteration: Cham kiaw kwam chao; cham kao kwam kam.
Meaning: The green bowl is turned down in the morning; The white bowl is turned down in the evening.
ทหารถือปืน แบกปูนไปโบกตึก Transliteration: Hen tahan baek peun berk poon pai boke teuk.
Meaning: I saw a soldier carrying a gun took out clay to build a building.
ปิดประตูโบสถ์ เปิดประตูโบสถ์ Transliteration: Pid pratu boat, peut pratu boat.
Meaning: Open the chapel's door, closing the chapel's door
รถยนต์ล้อยาง รถรางล้อเหล็ก Transliteration: Rod yont lor yaang; rod raang lor lek.
Cars have rubber wheels; Trams (trolleys, electric street cars) have iron wheels.
here is a video about tongue twister
Video = 6.47 mins link
This video is a little boring .. it explains the words in English, Thai and Phonetic from Podcast teachers
it is educational but not funny ... so try the others and come back to this one
video = 4.20mins link
This video is a family video attempting to say the funniest THAI/ENGLISH twist...
It has the Thai word that sounds rudei n English .. so it makes it funny
They keep laughing so much they can't get it finished... at the very end they do...
need more .. here is a link to youtube search by words : tongue twister thai
Many Farang can not say Thai words like
thai words ending with "ng" example Grape: A-noong
Also difficult for Farang to say the thai word for Hand .. try it
2ND ENGLISH WORDS
Six seashells sitting on the sea shore or the larger version
Sally sold sixty six thousand six hundred and sixty six saucy sausage scented seashells by the sizzlingly sun soaked sunset sea shore...in packets of seven silly shaped stainless steel saucepans with sixteen stupendously sumptously sexy sizzling sisters sauntering around suggestively in their skimpy strapless swimsuits!
(But be reee-ally careful with the one below): I SLIT A SHEET A SHEET I SLIT.UPON THE SLITTED SHEET, I SIT!
Hey, how's your tongue? If it's not too twisted, you're ready for THE BUG.
A BIG BLACK BUG BIT A BIG BLACK BEAR WHERE'S THE BIG BLACK BEAR THE BIG BLACK BUG BIT?
Here's a twister sent to me by an viewer who spends her summers in an Ontario cottage. She knows all about mosquito and black fly bites!
BEGGING FOR THE BACTINE AND CLAMOURING FOR CALAMINE!
Do you know any adults who are good at tongue twisters? If so, challenge them with this one:
MOSES SUPPOSES HIS TOESES ARE ROSES, BUT MOSES SUPPOSES ERRONEOUSLY. FOR MOSES, HE KNOWSES HIS TOESES AREN'T ROSES AS MOSES SUPPOSES HIS TOESES TO BE!
Oops! That one did me in. My tongue is now so twisted that I'll never make it through this next one:
THE SIXTH SHEIK'S SIXTH SHEEP'S SICK.
I'm a sock cutter and I cut socks. I'm a sock cutter and I cut socks. I'm a sock cutter and I cut socks.
Ah shucks, six stick shifts stuck shut!
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers, Peter Piper picked? Many Thai can not say English words like
how much wood would a wood-chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
he would chuck as much wood as a wood-chuck could, if a wood-chuck could chuck wood and a tongue twister video
and a tongue twister video link
1. words begining with S ... they separate the S . example Steak is S-teak or Smith is S-mith
2. The Leter R and L are big trouble. Ask a thai to say the word that describes the flower called a Lilly or as kthem to say the word "Really" in response to some news ie., "oh wow really", is it true.
then ask them to say the word "lilly" and Really"
Thai words that can be confusion Glai and Glai (one means close the other means far away)
we can laugh at each other or with each other
More Thai Twisters
- Bunches of (a kind of) bananas with drying tips are carried to and fro for a day; then only one comb is left.
- The green bowl is turned down in the morning; The white bowl is turned down in the evening.
- I saw a soldier carrying a gun took out clay to build a building.
- A big demon chased a small demon; a small demon chased a big demon.
- Names of cities in South Thailand
- Open the chapel's door, closing the chapel's door
- Who sells chicken eggs?
- Morning, eating stir fried cucumber/melon; evening eating fried cucumber/melon.
- Cars have rubber wheels; Trams (trolleys, electric street cars) have iron wheels.
- Pig, squid, shrimp
- Eating yam sticks (it) on your gum, eating taro (it) sticks on your teeth, eating both yam and taro (they) stick on both gum and teeth.
- Docter Chit's drug cures lices and moles. Docter Mee's drug cures moles and lices.
- the snake eats the mouse until the snake is confused