Bang Lamphu - Khaosan rd
2015-09: 4 kms West of Siam Centre.
The area is old and adjacent to the Grand palace, history and culture should be the main theme however "This is Thailand"!
As an old area it became a backpacker zone and years later has become "the in place", today it's a mixing bowl of cultures where East meets West with a hilarious creation of Markets, Restaurants, bars, and nightlife, trendy and bizarre.
Now where thousands of people troll the 3 street zones (high, medium, low) looking for "happiness" there's plenty for everyone
This zone is known by the main street name spelt several ways "Khaosaan" or "Khaosan Rd" or "Khao san rd" which is a mishmash of tourism and culture, a popular backpacker zone which attracted hospitality services and then came the tourists .. it's strange and fun for everyone.
BTS skytrain does not go into this zone, try the local Saen Saep Canal
, its adventure for many reasons otherwise MRT gets you close or it's the taxi car or tuktuk (peak hour traffic in this zone is very bad)
Slideshow: Shopping Banglamphu
, web directory shopping includes photos by location
and/or give a REVIEW
- made it easy for you:
all Channels and best hashtags listed below under topic "Social Media".
- Copy and paste hashtags or click channel links to give your review and/or share your experience to your network
Tour zone features
- Bang Lamphu markets, close to famous touristy Khaosan Rd, but not touristy prices, make the effort and enjoy the savings on casual clothing and footwear.
- Khansan Rd markets - anything / everything but you will pay for the convenience
- Near Bowonniwet Temple Chakkrabong/Kraisi & Tani Rds. Open:10.00-17.00 daily
- Wat Ratchanatdaram Markets Mainly Buddha items, amulets and similar @ super cheap prices. If your thinking of souvenirs you won't get cheaper. The journey by canal is fast and the brief walk offers many sights, recommend you have a local host..
- MAPS: Khaosan rd "An infusion" of East and West and a bizarre fun mixed up place. Good spot for Sunday lunch & people watching. Lots of Indian, veg, Israeli food.
- The location is noted in Family tours zones, so popular it has three (3) zones to cater for Accommodation, Restaurants, bars and markets, map Khaosan Rd 3 x zones
- FLOWER MARKETS:
- Thewes Markets Flowers, Plants, some fruit & veg and some handcraft item. Cheap produce, very colourful. Several excellent vantage points to view the River at caf'e & restaurants @ Pier Thewet
- Bangkok Flower markets - also known as Pak Khlong Talaat
- So many worthy nominees, Bangkok (Thailand) is a champion of culinary taste delights
- A major aspect of local culture is street food, if you need a few tips try Thai food $1 Menu, ideally you should have a local host or a few drinks to give you the confidence to try (try NOT die).
Google street view
Starting point: on Tanao Rad looking into Khasan Rd, move forward to enter the Soi (road) and look around
map tips: fullscreen Icon: Top right cornerWhite frame on cursor, click to go to that position or click direction markers at bottom of screen or drag street Icon (orange) person to desired location.
more in SM (Social Media) channels below
SM channels & best hashtags below
please give a like, review and share|
follow, like and give a review
|Tip: Copy & paste these hashtags & web page url into your post for search match|
Khaosan Rd is a backpacker zone in Old city area of Bangkok, near the Grand Palace, this is a mixing bowl of cultures where East meets West with a hilarious creation of Markets, Restaurants, bars, and nightlife, it's trendy and bizarre. Thousands of people troll the 3 street zones (high, medium, low) looking for "happiness" there's plenty for everyone .. up to you, more in media hub page http://goo.gl/JzanQq
#KhaosanRd #BkkAdventure #BkkTourIcon #BkkMarkets #BkkAchiever #BpacApproved #BkkTourZoneFamily
How to use Hashtags for Social Media
Popular links for this venue are listed below.
1. Copy above "Best Hashtags" & web url to group your search results
2. Donate data, see roaming reporter options below this section