Sukhumvit zone is mainly retail tourism with excellent transport to access to other zones
Thanon Sukhumvit is Bangkok's longest road – it keeps going east all the way to Cambodia – but for such an important artery it's way too narrow for the volume of traffic that needs to use it, and is further hemmed in by the overhead Skytrain line.
The tourism sector of "Sukhumvit" is an exclusive district in Bangkok, home to fancy apartments, villas, restaurants, bars and clubs.
Popular among foreign visitors and expats, it becomes more and more a Thai residential neighborhood as you follow the road southeast. Khlong Toey (also known as "the slaughterhouse") is nearby, ironically, it's one of the poorest neighborhoods of Bangkok
or view in Google doc
with summary of zones (option to download)
Roaming reports on the good, the bad, the up to you!
- Street guide: includes Transport, Eats, Drinks, Icons, Street view map and more, click here
- BTS (skytrain) station directory: includes landmark Icons, click here. Select a station to see the station directory and a cool street view map.
- Next we'll have a go at MRT (subway) and river / canal piers
Major: There are so many options from 2 to 5 star, this is one of the best places to stay to be in among the action.
Whilst mainly retail tourism, local adventure is Street food / bars, Nightlife zone tours, Shopping, rooftop bars, and journey on Saen Saep Canal, and you can't not experience the awesome comforts at local cinema.
Photo album "Icons Sukhumvit"
Generally the photos here are "collage" which are location and website linked.
So many worthy nominees, Bangkok (Thailand) is a champion of culinary taste delights.
- Our web directory Restaurants (in development) view ncludes a photo album to view by location or stars? otherwise use the longdo map (local) and view our best search tips and tricks for restaurants
- A major aspect of local culture is street food, if you need a few tips try Thai food $1 Menu, ideally you should have a local host or a few drinks to give you the confidence to try (try NOT die).
Sukhumvit is high end retail tourism and residence of foreigner so you can imagine there are bars, pubs and taverns everywhere
- There are several nightlife zones mentioned below
- 2013: suggestions - we'v e jotted them down in the Sukhumvit Street guide
- Our web directory Bars (in development) includes a photo album to view by location or stars? otherwise use the longdo map (local) and view our best search tips and tricks for bars
- Sukhumvit is home to several popular venues such as the Long table 9th floor view across Benjakiti Park or in Suk Soi 11 is the new (2012) Above Eleven 33rd floor panoramic view across the city skyline. Long table is more 5 star indoor class whereas above eleven more about the view.
- see all significant Bangkok rooftop venues, includes photo album and map
Sukhumvit boast several Nightlife zones
- The premiere nightlife zone is Suk Soi 11, home to several internationally recognised nightclubs and bar lounges.
- a few kms in either direction are more mature (adults) only zones such as Soi 4 (Nana), Soi 21-23 (Soi Cowboy) and Soi 33 (Dead Artist Soi), details on each in Bangkok Nightlife zones
- Thonglor is the new upmarket trendy nightlife zone .. details to be added
Be Served Serve yourself > D.I.Y. New to town? view Bangkok Novice to Advanced, multiple search engines. Group leaders "tour database", logistics on 600 venues (free support for developers)